The apostle Paul was telling the church (I Cor. 12:31) that even though they possessed all the gifts of the Spirit, if they didn't have love...they had nothing! We Love! The quality of love we desire to show is God’s AGAPE love. To love God and one another unconditionally—just as God, the Father, loves us.
Jesus said in John 3:16-17, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."
The Most Excellent Way is to be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ and to:
- Grow in the faith and in the knowledge of Christ.
- Understand the sin nature that leads to addiction and obsessive behavior.
- Learn and apply Biblical principles that lead to joy-filled, productive lives.
- Provide comfort and support to on another.
- Confess our sins to one another and to God.
- Pray for one another.
- Love one another. We love, because He first loved us!
The Most Excellent Way ministry involved fellowship with new creations in Christ and the Holy Spirit! Jesus is not our higher power, He is our only power. Only He is able to "recover" us once and for all -- to restore us to the original purpose for our lives: to bring honor and glory to God!
The Most Excellent Way is a discipleship ministry. The understanding of the principles and practices of surrender are basic needs to those in bondage to addictions. Who and/or what we surrender to, is the key to change.
We welcome you to come and fellowship with us, pray with us, study the Word of God with us, and learn how to apply these principles to your life as continue your recovery.
- We meet Thursday evenings: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at the church.
Feel free to email Martin Froystad if you have any questions or concerns. May the Lord richly bless you and sustain you as you walk with Him!