The goal of the worship ministry here at Calvary Chapel Hammonton is to glorify the Lord who alone is worthy of all honor and praise! As with all the ministries we are called to do, there are three important things to keep in mind:
Love God, First and Foremost!
- Matthew 22:37-38: "Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment."
- Psalm 100: "A Psalm of Thanksgiving. Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations."
- Psalm 29:2: "Give unto the Lord the glory due to His name; Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness."
Love Each Other!
- John 13:34-35: "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
- 1 John 4:7: "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God."
- Galatians 6:2: "Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."
Faithfully Use and Develop the Gifts, Talents, & Abilities God Has Given Us!
- Psalm 33:3: "Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy."
- Romans 12:6-8: "Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.
- 1 Corinthians 14:12: "Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel."
If you believe God has called & gifted you to serve in the music ministry here, please contact Ru Breau.